01 09 10

Monday, November 11, 2013

Progress Report Monday

 I started basting Thusday night before bed. My plan is to wake up early, grab a cup of coffee, and browse my fav blogs. I will be totally inspired by whatever I see on them that I will get to work quickly and efficiently finish basting and quilting the MSBH.

It sounded good in theory.


Okay...so I am up. It's Friday, and I am pumped. I got my game face and slippers on...Whoops, I need to get more basting pins.  I mean, where have they run off too? I have no idea, but there's no progress until I go to the store. I made it out with just basting pins and one scrap of fabric.


 I tried winging it on Sunday, and that didn't work. Then, I tried drawing the lines. It's really dark fabric. So, that didn't work. So, I thought, I have seen people tape the lines. Hmm...



 
So, I just set the ruler down  to show that it's 1 inch apart. I just line up the ruler an inch away from the outer edge of the last taped row and lay the tape right next to it.  Sounds super easy.
 
 
This is Monday, taping is seriously  (5 hours) time consuming , I think it was totally necessary and worth it. I am  quilting it now, and the lines are straight. So, that part is working. So far tension hasn't been a huge issue.
Happy sewing! Blog at ya later!

6 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks fantastic! It's a great idea to mark with tape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, it's working so far. I think it will help my skill with stitching in the ditch too.

      Delete
  2. This quilt is going to be a show stopper!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kira. I got the quilting done. I just need to pick up some binding material and call it a day! :)

      Delete
  3. Looks pretty cool with the tape on, lol. The tape is one of my fav notions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to take a pic after taping for hours since it felt like a really big accomplishment. :D The tape did work out though.

      Delete