I haven't posted in a while. I have been really busy and also passing a kidney stone. It was being really resistant to coming out. It took a month and a half. Two doctor's visits and a lot of nausea.Finally, it passed. So, I am back to sewing.
This morning I made a name tag for the guild.
It just a swatch of fabric.
I used my heat bond. Traced out the name.
I made a mess.
I heat bonded the letters on and quilted the top and batting just a bit. I used the same fabric as the name for the backing fabric. I used a midweight fusible interfacing to the backing fabric to make it a little stiffer. I sewed around the outside,clipped corners, and turned it.
Wallah, cute little name tag for guild meetings. Plus, I have the cute notebook that matches.
I hooked up with a skinny swap...meaning pincushions. ;) This is my skinny pinny. You can see how to make a skinny here. Unlike getting skinny for real, this is super quick. Here's the flickr group here. There's tons of wonderful skinny pinnies over there.
In big news...not sewing related...we got a beautiful new fridge. Our old one was on it's last leg. The freezer didn't work, and it really affected the fridge. That is OLD news! Buh-bye lame fridge. Hello, happy day! Demolition of living room has begun!!
There's hubby in full demo mode.
It has completely spread to the kitchen.
I am proud of my hard work. Notice demo is as tall as me (I am 5'4)...lol.
This was a shocker. There was brick pavers in the entry. It was definitely not tile. No foundation here. Hubby had to hammer and chisel them out. The entry was not level with the living room foundation. So, I filled it with cement. Yes, me. First time for everything. Brother-in-law made it for the cement mixing. Yay, a family affair. We made good progress. High fives to all DIYers!