April 21, 2013

Finished with Noah's Ark 2 quilt

      While he's laying on the couch, I pinned the Noah's Ark quilt to get it ready for quilting. I wanted to go visit my friend Ayna, but everyone has been sick with the flu. It just didn't work out. So, she was here for morale support on Skype. She made this owl pillow from the tutorial here.

 It turned out so cute.  She added a cute pocket and a cute embroidered the name on it. Cute, cute, cute.  I told her our whole family needs one with each of our names on it. So, I am trying to come up with an idea of something amazing to make for her. I am at a loss. Any ideas???


 


 
 I did a basic meander pattern in the middle. I echoed the white in the pinwheels and a border back and for the snake like pattern in the white polka dot border. I did a simple binding by  wrapping the fabric to the front. This is my favorite method.

This is a one of a kind and available for purchase here.
 
 
 The Noah's Ark Quilt 2 came out good. Now, I can say that I've done pinwheels . I enjoyed it.
 
I went to a bridal shower, and I made this double potholder. Tutorial here.
 
 
The kids found a bird nest. The eggs are really pretty. We are not sure what the actual bird is called. We think it's a sparrow. Now, there are 4 eggs.


 
 
This is Jared's room. His carpet was trashed, and Roxie tore it at the entrance to the door. So, we put duck tape on the threshold. It was not appealing. Home Depot had an amazing deal on laminate, and this is what happens. I think we are reno crazy.
 

 
This was a bunch of weeds and a really ugly bush. We went and looked at pavers, but ended up with flowers, and one long morning putting these in these plants.  The entry planting took place two weeks after laying the flooring in Jared's room. This is exactly what I am talking about reno crazy.  This is my first attempt at gardening, or just dealing with plants. We actually have two lemon trees that need to be planted in the backyard.

 
 

 
I am blogging two weeks after the front plants were put in, and we just knocked down my Mother-in-law's screened in porch. I am tired and sore.  I am sure in the recesses of my mind, I am thinking of another Reno (living room) hahaha.
 
Blog at ya later.
 
 
 
 


No comments

Post a Comment

© Quilty Dream
Maira Gall