It's done under the wire. I am just so happy that it's done. The book lists this at 3 stars. The piecing on the front is exactly where the trouble was at for me. I started out cutting to piece it. The finish took a whole other direction.
The birds were the only fabric that I had that I had to fussy cut. I had just enough for the inside. I don't have pinking sheers, and no pink felt. Bah! I guess, I need to go shopping. Hehe!
I have never had so many "change my mind" moments. First, I thought that the owls would work. Well, duh, they are not on point. I think I cut before my coffee set in really good. :) I was going to recut, but they wouldn't fit on point. So, birdies it is...
I started paper piecing the pattern copied straight from the book. What?!? I didn't see that it was supposed to be enlarged. I went back and was reading the size of the outside and really
I paper pieced it with the enlarged version.
It looks really messy, but that's why I love paper piecing. It cleans up real nice.
This is how I marked the back. I like to know what colors go where. So, I marked it. I was using just the letter, and I couldn't make out what letters they were. Ha! So, I wrote out the whole word.
I used the edge of the paper to get my quarter inch seam allowance,
Then, I just rip out the paper.
I love showing all the messy bits. :)
The rest is history. The pockets and even the vinyl were a breeze. I wish that the binding was smaller. I sewed it down, and then decided it was a little big. I didn't want to seam rip it out. So, it's there to stay.
Linking up with Debbie @ A Quilters Table