July 24, 2014

Free Motion Quilting-Woodgrain

I just wanted to share what I am doing today. For all you people wondering, maybe none, lol. If you were wondering...I am getting my FMQ (free motion quilting) on and I love this part! 


I also spray basted the quilt sandwich together. I tell you what, I have read other blogs, and they kept going onnnnn about it. I was like, seriously?!?! Really, it is awesome sauce! So easy and less time consuming than basting with pins. I don't know anyone that loves to pin and pin and pin...you get the point. Spray basting had me at hello. 


On to quilting, I decided to go with some nice wood grain for this quilt, and so far I am really happy with how it is coming out. I mapped it out a bit on paper, first. There's no quilting frame today.So, I am sitting  with my trusty sidekick Janome 1600P DBX. I am using some gutterman cream thread. Nothing fancy there. Just sewing my heart out. Quilting makes me happy. I am going to get back to it. 
Happy sewing and thanks for stopping by! 

2 comments

  1. Definitely agree on the spray basting - it also stops me from getting puckers, which is a HUGE plus! Enjoy your quilting - quilting is my fave part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, love the spray basting. The only problem I am having though is it only stays together for a short period of time, like a day or two and then can stop being sticky. It may be the kind that I am using though. I always enjoy the quilting, and thanks for sharing.

      Delete

© Quilty Dream
Maira Gall