July 3, 2014

Living Room Renovation Complete

I am so excited to get back in my sewing den. I did some small projects and swaps along the way. If you follow me on Instagram, which you can find in the sidebar, you may have seen these.  This living room was an extreme makeover for us. I was involved in every step. Everything you see here is made by Jason and assisted by me or done by me. :)


The lighting is not that great, sorry about that. Seriously, I sew and these pillows need to be replaced. That's going on my FAL list. Must do! Come back and see what's going to happen in the sewing area later.
So, we dropped a wall  that separated the entry and moved electrical. We took the whole room to the studs.  We scraped and hubby re textured the ceiling. The mantle and built-ins were made completely from scratch. Those were the most difficult to make and install from hubby's own design and woodworking. Which I assisted in the Florida heat. 


The flooring was the most expensive part. We splurged a bit on this Nouvelle Acacia Laminate flooring. I am in love with the flooring! I follow Green Letter Day on Instagram, and she painted a chair Sea Glass by Martha Stewart. I loved it, and so here it is on the walls. I love the Caribbean feeling it gives to the room. I really think that Scrumptious by Bonnie and Camille would look amazing in here. I have one small fat eighth of it in my stash. Must work on that! We just used the old furniture. I have yet to spray paint the table stands silver. That's next! 
: After rereading, I realize there's still some work to do in there. I didn't even mention the drapes. HA!):


I took our old frames and hunter green (no joke) lamps and gave them a facelift. It's hammered silver spray paint. It was quick and other than the heat an easy fix.


Here's some of the stuff I was working on during the renovating. I am hoping to get these Modern Maples finished (top left corner) This WIP has been around the sewing den for a year. Really, I have no excuse. Hubby is already talking about the next renovation.
Happy Sewing! Blog at ya later.


4 comments

  1. Looking good Yvonne. Well done both of you! I really like your mini with circles and pretty pink flower as well. Have fun in your den!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vera! It was hard work, but well worth it! Have a great summer.

      Delete
  2. Love your room, and great pieces you're working on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We worked really hard on it, and I am so happy to sit and watch my shows in there. It's been a really busy summer! Good but busy!

      Delete

© Quilty Dream
Maira Gall