March 21, 2012

Seams, tips, and cuts

I really just wanted to share today. I have been working on my quilt. I have a few helpful tips. When cutting the 1 3/4 pieces, lay the ruler down to cut at 3 1/2 and cut with the rotary cutter. Do not move anything but the ruler and cut at 1 3/4.This is a much faster way of cutting. If you can get a 1/4 inch foot, I would highly suggest it. I do not have one for my machine and getting the seam correct is really getting on my nerves. I have the setting now. I have used painters tape to mark my guide. Somehow, all the seams foot my stars are just lovely. The one that is getting me is the pretty chain. There are more seams there. I guess, the diagonal seam isn't a problem on the star. Also, if you are going to cut the strip sets more than one at a time. Stagger the second set. This will make cutting easier. Another useful tip, on the strip sets, use the seam across the strip to line up and make the cuts. That's all I got for today.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Quilty Dream
Maira Gall